Thursday, July 21, 2011

Hanging On By My Fingernails

Do you remember the scene in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade when the car has gone over the cliff with our hero in it, and everyone is looking over the edge in disbelief and mourning?  Then they all turn away with heads bowed and hats in hand and tears in their eyes to continue on their way, not knowing that Indiana has bailed out of the car, and is clinging to the side of the cliff and is climbing back up? 




Yeah, that’s where feel like I am in this journey.  Clinging to the side of the cliff, and trying as hard as I can to not slip any further, as the face of the cliff crumbles around my hand-and toe-holds.  Actually, I feel more like this, only without the rope:




I had finally gotten back on track last week, and was doing pretty well, and then I got hit with a stomach virus that started Thursday night and lasted until Sunday.  I was on crackers and Ginger Ale for 3 and a half days, and I think I lost control again after that with the relief of being able to eat Real Food.  I’ve lost (gained?) almost all the gains (losses?) I’ve made so far, ever since I “relaxed” after my big bike ride to the coast.  I haven’t checked a scale in a while, but I know it will be ugly.  *Sigh…* 

I need to focus on getting back in control – back to the healthy eating, back to the cycling/exercising in general, back to the water, back to going to bed at a decent time.  That last one is the only thing (so far) I’ve been having success with this week. 


I had my Dance Classes tonight, then tomorrow night I’m going to see a musical with some friends, and then the Hubster and I are taking a road trip this weekend to go see my niece in a play.  I’ll try to be as careful, food-wise, as I can this weekend, and then Sunday when we get back, I’ll see about doing some Meal Planning, so I can be more careful next week.  I WILL get back on track!

Wish me willpower!  :P

1 comment:

  1. You can do it!!! Just one step/bite/slurp/day/stretch at a time!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you're thinking!