Monday, August 1, 2011

Back In The Saddle!

As you might have noticed, I’ve done some remodeling around here. :)  I’ve ignored this Blog and my weight-loss efforts for so long that I’m just going to press the reset button. I’ve been off the wagon for about 2 and a half months, and I’ve gained back a lot more than I wanted. I’m not all the way back to the beginning though, thank goodness, but I’m starting to dislike myself again, and I don’t want to any further down THAT path! I’m ready to get back on track. I think that the best way for me to start moving forward (downward) again is to consider this a fresh start (including some new paint and reupholstered furniture in this corner of teh Interwebs), and set the past aside. Onward!

So I did it – I got back on my bike over the weekend. Yay, me! We have it set back up on the Trainer, and I rode 17 miles on Saturday and 25 miles on Sunday. My legs were only a little sore this morning, so I don’t think I completely lost all the benefit of the training I did for my Big Ride, even though that was a couple of months ago. My crotch on the other hand… Yeah, I need to build my Bike-Butt back up again. That will teach me to set it aside for so long…! :P

What’s really helping is the iPad The Hubster got for me as an early Birthday present/reward for completing my Big Ride. :D When we got the Trainer, we got a book rest that just attaches to the handles of the bike. It was a good place to rest the remote and my snacks (wasn’t really so good for holding books) for my longer rides while I was training the last time. Now it’s my iPad Holder. :D I can stream Netflix (and with my earphones, I don’t have to worry about bothering The Hubster with the volume!), read on the Kindle App, or even just surf the Web while I’m riding. I love it!!!

I still need to focus on eating better and drinking the water (and SLEEP!!!), but the exercising is making me crave the water and the healthier food. So I’m headed back in the right direction again, finally! Wish me strength…

3 comments:

  1. Welcome back! Sounds like you are off to a great re-start! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! glad you are back, love the stars!
    It's good that you've retained some of your endurance from training, I fear I have lost most of mine with the injury and pregnancy. I'm trying to build it back up but the morning sickness is really kicking my butt.

    We can get back on track together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you are doing well! Keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you're thinking!