Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Ouch...

Hi, all!  I've started training for my Big Ride on May 21st, and my butt still has to adjust to being on a bike for so long...  I've got a pair of biking shorts with padding, and they're helping, but still.  I've heard it will take about 2 weeks worth of riding to get to that point...  Yeah.  It's a good thing I've got a good chair at work...  :P

Last week I rode  28.5 miles in total - good place to START.  Then I worked out a training plan and realized I need to step it up...  Yesterday I rode 13.5 miles, and then today when I was only planning on riding for 15 miles, but I missed the turn I'd planned on, and wound up riding 18.8 miles.  Yeah, we'll see how I feel tomorrow...

It will be nice when we finally make the space to set the trainer up so I don't have to worry about riding in the dark...  I got home tonight after riding down a road that was further out in the country than I realized when I set out -- no street lights on a curvy road.  Yeah, not that smart.  I was wearing an orange coat and had my lights and my helmet on, and I got home just fine, but when I told the Hubster where I'd gone, he made me promise not to take that route again unless it's the middle of the day.  *sheepish grin...*

Needless to say, most of my free time will be taken up with training, so I don't know how often I'll be posting between now and The Ride - fair warning!

G'Night, all!

2 comments:

  1. Great job on the bike riding! You can do this! I've been using a mantra as I'm jogging when I feel like giving up: "This is what I wanted" :) You're going to be great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, ORShadow! I love your mantra! I keep telling myself "I can do this" when I feel like giving up, but I REALLY like "this is what I wanted." I'll definitely use it!!! :D

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you're thinking!