This is an example of the American Tribal style -- or at least the first song is. The second song is something fun we put together for our Teacher for her Birthday - there are a lot of "Don't Ever Do This While Dancing" moves we put in on purpose. :D I'm the one with the blue feather in my head dress.
And here is a performance of my other troupe, in a style that's called "folkloric." Yes, there are swords, yes they are real, no they're not sharp, and yes we're dancing with them on our heads with no adhesives or fasteners. Really. :D I'm the one in dark blue -- yes, the one in front.
The Hubster hates the fact that we're not smiling in this performance, but that was an artistic choice of the director - we were told to have serious faces. So we do, even if Hubs thinks it makes us look scared...
And yes, I will post video of my solo (to a live band) as soon as I find it. :D
No comments:
Post a Comment
Let me know what you're thinking!