Before I say anything else, I have to say that my heart is aching for everyone in Japan and around the world who was impacted by the Earthquakes and Tsunamis. Horrible, terrible devastation. I'm just thanking my lucky stars that my friends and family are all in locations that are nowhere near the destruction. I'm sending thoughts and prayers to everyone affected.
And now back to our regularly scheduled programming. I lost 1.5 pounds this week - yaay! Now I just need to stay strong through the weekend and keep the momentum going so I can see the number on the scale continue to go down.
It might be a bit of a challenge to stay on track this weekend, tomorrow especially. Tomorrow is my Mom's birthday, and we're going over there to celebrate in the afternoon. It's some kind of Open House format (not our usual method of celebrating Birthdays, but I didn't plan this one, so...) and my Godmother will be bringing a lot of food. To clearly illustrate why I'm somewhat worried about the celebration foodwise, I think all I need to say is that she's Greek and LOVES to cook. Yeah, I didn't think I needed to say any more... :} I'm going to try hard to get out and exercise tomorrow morning, but my track record for doing that on the weekend is atrocious. But I will give it another try! And I will be careful in what I choose to put on my plate, and I will NOT hover in the area where the food is.
Have a good weekend, everyone - stay strong! :D
Congrats on the loss! I had a small gain this week, but since my measurements didn't change, I'm saying the gain is muscle from my Couch 2 5k training :). I went to a dinner party last night, and hovered over the carrots, which helped :)Good luck with your Greek aunt's food! vigilance! :)
ReplyDelete