Saturday, March 19, 2011

Friday Weigh-In!

One more pound gone!  I'm glad that I'm seeing continuing progress, but it would be so nice if I could see the nice dramatic jumps you see on shows like Biggest Loser.  I have to keep in mind that those people are isolated and sequestered while they work on weight loss, and that's the only thing they have to focus on.  Not that I'd ever try out to be on the show or anything like that -- I'm not that masochistic!  Not to mention that I have to pay the bills somehow...  ;}  Slow and steady, slow and steady...  Not a sprint but a marathon...

I'm going to spend time out of town this weekend, celebrating the 40th birthday of a good friend from high school.  I will try to enjoy the festivities while remaining focused on making healthy choices and not losing control.  Have a good weekend, all!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on the pound lost, but don't compare yourself to the biggest loser. Did you know that their "weeks" are almost always AT LEAST 2 weeks long? Now, the women are only losing 4 or 5 pounds a "week," which sounds impressive, but it is actually only 4 or 5 pounds every two weeks, which is a bit more in our world.

    Anyway, congrats on your pound and, yes, slow and steady wins the race--AND it is more likely to stay on the finished side of the line!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY on the lb down!!! :) Progress is progress!! YAY! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the info, Melinda. I didn't know that - it definitely puts it in a new perspective!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for the pound lost, good for you!. And the info from Melinda is good, I didn't know that.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you're thinking!