Sunday, November 28, 2010

Better than expected this Thanksgiving Weekend!

I think what really helped me this Thanksgiving Weekend is that we didn't have piles of leftovers hanging around to tempt me.  We had Thanksgiving at other people's homes, and while they tried to send more leftovers home with us, we didn't come home with much.  ("Forgot" to bring home the half-full Costco-sized bag of rolls SIL tried to send home with us -- "oops!")  We did get some turkey and stuffing from my parents, and we had a little bit of DH's Green Bean Casserole left over, but I was still able to make good portion choices all weekend, even with a trip to Red Lobster on Wednesday as well!

I'm also feeling healthier -- I still have a stuffy nose, but no more sore throat, and I think I might have avoided the bronchitis this time around! (although I'm still going to pump the Vitamin C for a while longer, and try to keep up on my sleep...)  Being sick also "helped" me in terms of keeping my weight in check, although I wouldn't promote that as the way to do it!!!

And I FEEL ready to get back on track.  I've had 1769 calories today with no exercise, although I did get a lovely massage with my Mom and a dear family friend...  Aaaaahhh...  :)  I've got some Spaghetti Squash in the oven so I can have it ready to go for the week, and I will aim for 1/2 hour to 45 min. of exercise on the days I don't have dance classes.

Right now, my feet are firmly on track.  I know I face challenges ahead, especially with the holidays looming, but right now I'm ready.  As Lyn said in a recent post, "The best time to plant a shade tree in your yard is 20 years ago. The second best time is today. "  I've got my gloves on and the shovel out.  The first shovel-full of dirt is out of the hole, and I'm going in for another.  It's going to be a beautiful shade tree.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your Thanksgiving success! Just think how you'll feel next year at this time when you're much, much healthier and in the shape of your life! :-)

    If it's okay with you, I'm going to follow your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Jen! And thank you for choosing to follow me! :D

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you're thinking!