Wednesday, November 17, 2010

One day at a time...

Yesterday went fine -- I had the enthusiasm, if you could call it that, for doing this. I had 1772 calories, and got out for a 45 minute walk.  I had plenty of lung capacity -- thanks to dancing, I'm sure, but my legs are kind of sore now.  I need to get my muscles used to walking again, so I can get back to "wogging" and then jogging... 

Today went well, also - I had 1858 calories, and had an energetic set of classes -- burned 738 calories, according to livestrong.com, where I keep my food/exercise log.  So I'm off to a good start -- yay, me!

However, I realized (remembered?) that this effort going to be long, slow and frustrating...  My calendar isn't going to magically clear space for me to exercise every day.  There's no way I'm going to wake up every morning bright-eyed and bushy-tailed, ready work out.  My pantry isn't going to stock itself with healthy, low-calorie meals that will prepare themselves for me. The scale isn't going to go down all by itself, and my body isn't going to shrink just because I wish it so.  It's gonna be work.

 I think having pictures to show my progress will be very helpful -- I've seen some of the other sites that have them, and they're very inspiring.  If I keep looking at those for motivation and remind myself that it can be done (and that I have done it before) then I will be able to do it again.  As long as I stay focused...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you're thinking!