Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Inertia and Momentum

Inertia: [in-ur-shuh, ih-nur-] –noun inertness, esp. with regard to effort, motion, action, and the like; inactivity; sluggishness.

I didn't escape the bed-monster this morning in time to exercise before work. It was so much nicer to stay in bed under the nice, warm blankets and not subject myself to the cold and dark outside.

Momentum[moh-men-tuhm] –noun 1. force or speed of movement

Left work tonight to pick up the Hubster from his parents, and made it home just in time to get ready for dance class.  I thought about not going -- the idea of curling up with a cat and the Hubster in front of a cheerfully crackling fire was very tempting -- and the Hubster was quite willing to help me give in to that temptation...  But once I had my dance clothes on, I didn't really have a reason to stay home.  So I went.  I had a great time, like I knew I would, and actually danced harder than I expected.  Good class - I'm glad I went after all!  :)

Impetus: [im-pi-tuhs] –noun 1. a moving force; impulse; stimulus

(I need to work on recognizing a suitable impetus when it comes to moving my ass getting out of bed in the mornings.)

In other words, the day turned out okay, even though I didn't do everything I wanted to.  I  consumed 1793 calories, and 64 oz. water (not including my coffee and Gatorade - which I did track, calorie-wise) and danced for about an hour and a half tonight.  I ate more than I wanted, but according to The Daily Plate, I still have 575 calories worth of cushion, thanks to dancing.

I'd better go get some sleep...  G'night!

3 comments:

  1. I’ve given you a blog award – http://fat-angry-blog.blogspot.com/2010/12/and-award-goes-to-yes-5-of-you-are.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, OMG, OMG!!! How cool is this?!!! Thank you so much, FAB!!! :D

    I'll have to wait until I get home from work to write anything more, but this just made my day!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you find that impetus, let me know. That is a challenge for me too. I don't want to get up until the last possible second. Tomorrow I have to do it because I have to get my day of c25k training done before work because I have to run an errand after work and it will be too late and too cold when I get home.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you're thinking!