The Hubster wanted McDonald's for dinner tonight - I went and picked up what he wanted, and then came home and ate what I had been planning. Go, me! :)
I also cleared a path to the Elliptical machine tonight, dusted it off and spent 48 minutes (I know it's an odd amount - it's a preprogrammed chunk of time) pedaling! And this was even after I'd pretty much talked myself out of exercising tonight. Kinda surprised myself with that one! (I also pulled out season 1 of Alias and watched the first episode while exercising... Love a girl who can kick ass!) :D
I also drank a lot more water today than I have been, and consumed only 1424 calories. And I'm still surprised at how much food I had for that amount of calories -- 2 cups of spaghetti squash with lunch, and then a baked (okay, microwaved) sweet potato with a can of Tuna for dinner -- I'm still full!
It would be easy, after a day like today, to fall in to the mindset of "this will be easy, no problem!" But I do know better. This was one of the good days (Yaay!) but I know those won't be the norm. I'll face plenty of challenging, frustrating, temptation-filled days, and I'll probably have weak points where I give in to those temptations. Especially with the holidays on their way. But tonight, I'm going to enjoy the success of the day. Yaay, me!!! :D
Good for you for resisting!!! hubs was bitching about wanting McD's last night too (but he didn't get it)...
ReplyDeleteThat's such a huge NSV!! I've only recently been able to do things like bake or pick things up for just my boys, makes you feel pretty good :)48 minutes on the elliptical is awesome! I keep trying to push my time up to an hour but it's taking time. You're doing great!!
ReplyDeleteGood on you for resisting the Micky D's and for having a good workout! You must feel awesome! :-) The elliptical is one of my favorite workout machines. It's weird 'cause I can go for an hour on that thing at a pretty fast pace, but I can't run for anywhere near that time.
ReplyDelete