Friday, December 10, 2010

Sometimes I Hate Being Female!

1.5 lb loss this week!  Yaay, me!  :D  Like I said yesterday, I was hopeful.  That was because I snuck a peek at the scale in the afternoon, and then danced hard at class last night.  I’m going to relax a bit tonight, and then brace myself for the weekend – always a challenge.  And then I want to be sure I carry that momentum in to next week...   

I did start TTOM yesterday – oh, joy.  Along with the “standard” package, I get the extra add-ons (no extra charge!) of migraines and digestive issues when I have my periods.  Yuk.  I’m not complaining too much, though, because for several months (probably due to stress) I haven’t had one at all, despite being off the pill for a long time.*  I had one last month, and am now having my second one in a row.  It’s a bit of a relief to have them again, but I didn’t really need the reminder of what I had been “missing.”  :P

*I think my prescription ran out in June or July, and if I want a renewed prescription, I have to go in for a checkup – they give year-long prescriptions.  And the last appointment I had made me never want to go back, so I just haven’t.   (And before you say anything, believe me when I say I don’t have a reason to worry about “surprises” of any kind in those regards.)

We had our final Thursday dance class of the term last night.  It was a lot of fun, of course, but it will be really nice to have my Thursdays back for a few weeks!  Although I will REALLY have to focus on keeping up with my exercise, now that I won’t have the obligation of the Thursday classes for a while.  (Or Tuesdays, as of next week.)  Classes start up again on January 18 for the Tuesday classes, and the 20th for the Thursday classes, but until then, I’ll have to schedule (and stick to) my times to exercising.  Gotta stay strong for that!!! 

And The Hubster started getting pouty last night.  He said that I’m not spending enough time with him because of the Blogging.  (And also, more than likely, because of the times I get on the Elliptical when I wouldn’t have in the past…)  I understand that he wants to make sure I’m not obsessing about it, or depressing myself by focusing on it so much.  He loves me no matter what size I am, which is wonderful, AND he wants to make sure I don’t get sick (again) because I’m not getting enough sleep, especially due to the time I spend blogging or blog-surfing...  And that’s a valid point.  He would have absolutely no sympathy for me WHATSOEVER if I were to catch another cold!!!

1 comment:

  1. Way to go on the loss- that's HUGE given it's TOM! I think it's great your hubby is trying to take care of you, and getting enough sleep IS important (so I hear)! It's all about balance, which I have an issue with too, LOL! I get so focused on my goals and achieving them that I get a little tunnel-visioned. My husband complains too, but he's only asking me to get off the blog so I can watch Seinfeld with him.. trading one sedentary activity for another.. no thanks!! Keep it up and don't get sick!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you're thinking!