Sunday, December 12, 2010

Somehow I Ate a Salt Lick Yesterday... :P

Too much sodium-laden foods and not enough water yesterday.  I think I did okay calorie-wise, just waaaay too much sodium -- My fingers feel swollen. It's easy for me to forget about getting my fluids on the weekends - I know it's something that helps the weight-loss process in MANY ways, so I need to focus on getting the water in to me today, and figure out a way to do that on a regular basis on the weekends. 

I have a bottle at work that marks out 32-oz, but contains a bit more than that.  I've started the habit of drinking one of those full of water in the morning, and then filling it up again with one of those single-serving packets of Crystal Light for the afternoon.  Kind of a reward for drinking the first 32+ oz.  I need to find a good 32-oz bottle that I can use at home on the weekends. 

I will be making Peanut Butter Fudge this afternoon as a part of my usual holiday "baking."  I love the stuff, but I'm pretty sure I'll be able to resist it, since I typically wind up giving most of it away.  And if I really want a piece, I can work a piece of  it in to my calories for the day.  It's called "moderation."  :)

3 comments:

  1. I have trouble getting my water in on the weekends too.. we just get so busy that I forget! I keep 32 oz water bottles everywhere, and take them with me when I run errands, that helps!! Be careful with that fudge, it sounds delish!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How much water do you usually drink in a day? I've been playing around with different figures, but it's weird 'cause different medical sources give different recommendations. That said, I'm always curious about what everyone else drinks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I aim for at least 64 oz. per day. I've seen sites that recommend more as well, and if I can get more in, that's great. My general rule of thumb is to drink enough fluid so that I pee clear at least once a day.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you're thinking!