Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Must've been a Monday...

Not such a great day today.  It started out okay, food-wise, but when I got to rehearsal tonight, the whole troupe decided to go out to dinner.  I had a great time with my friends, but I  was hungry, and I didn't make the best food choices.  I ordered a portobello mushroom sandwich, which I thought would be a moderately good choice, but it wound up being a greasy, oily thing that... actually didn't taste that good. And there was a Cream of Artichoke soup that sounded great, but...  wasn't. (I only had about a third of that.) And I had a drink with cream in it that also... wasn't that good.  I don't know if my taste buds were just off, or what. I would've been happier with myself if I'd just ordered a salad. 

I'm pretty sure I was at about 2500 calories today, and had 48 oz. of water.  BUT as Scarlet O'Hara says, "Tomorrow is another day."  And I've successfully resisted the See's chocolate that has been calling my name since I got home, so there's my Step to recover from my stumble.

AND I think the sodium from this weekend has been flushed out of my system.  I was able to take my rings off tonight without much effort!  Hey -- I'll take what I can get.!   ;)

2 comments:

  1. Been there. Done that. I think we need these times in order to boost our motivation to keep on going. I feel a it rejuvenated by my recent stumble.

    Move more, get more water and you will be all right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's a great affirmation when things we enjoyed before just don't satisfy anymore. Great job getting back on track so fast-- that's what's going to lead to long term success!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you're thinking!