Thursday, December 9, 2010

Wednesday Review

I took in 1582 calories and got on the Elliptical for 32 minutes.  So stats wise, it was a good day and I should be encouraged.  I made the mistake, though, of sneaking on to the scale tonight -- I do this more often than I should -- and saw more of a gain than I expected to see at that time of day. 

I weigh myself frequently during the week, and then have one "official" weigh-in on Friday mornings.  I know I shouldn't weigh myself more than once a week so I don't obsess about That Number, but I do it any way.  And I know that it will fluctuate a lot throughout the day based on what comes in and what goes out -- I'm not the kind of person who flips out when I see a jump on the scale after eating a high-sodium meal and drinking a lot of water...  :}

So there are a few things that would explain it.  I did have a meal that was probably high in sodium last night; TTOM is threatening to start, and I haven't had a good BM yet today.  (TMI, I know, but there it is.)  So I'll drink more water tomorrow and hope things, well, "move along" before Friday morning.

And now I have to figure out how to narrow it down to only 5 Blogs out of the several excellent ones I follow to give this Award to!  I'll probably post that tomorrow -- I do need to get SOME sleep tonight!  :)

3 comments:

  1. I'm a chronic weigher too! I like being able to "track" what foods affect me (like the high sodium) so I know to avoid them. As long as it doesn't upset you, I don't see anything wrong with Keepin an eye on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I posted about this exact thing recently! My thinking is that it isn't bad to weigh yourself all the time as long as it doesn't upset you. I like to weigh myself every day but I was getting a little obsessed so I'm taking a break for a few days. It sounds like you're doing well, t hough!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I weigh every day in the morning post-output. It is not to see a different number, but to gain control over the scale's influence on my mood and my motivation. The only one that counts is my official weigh in on Monday (although I send it in to Allan on Sunday for the challenge).

    But never, I mean never weight at night. Bad things happen when you weigh at night. / horror movie music

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you're thinking!