Much better day today! 1676 calories in and about an hour's worth of dancing. Not really hard, but I was moving. And I had 64 oz water, plus my Gatorade (G2) after dancing. I'm not taking part in Allan's challenge this time around, so I don't know what my recommended intake of water would be, but I do follow him so I've read about how important that water is when it comes to losing the weight. So I'll keep drinking! :)
So tonight was the final day of classes for the term, and we got to dress up. Which is especially nice for the teachers, since we can't wear the skirts and harem pants and other fun costumes we usually do when we dance - since the students need to see our legs to be able to learn what we're doing. So as a troupe (there are three of us in this troupe right now) we decided that we all would wear a costume that we each got to use for the troupe a while ago and haven't had a chance to wear. Yeah, I was able to make it work, but I felt more than a little self-conscious in it. It was snug in the arms, and I had to quickly modify the bust line in order to feel comfortable in it (which could also have been the style of bra I was wearing underneath -- it's amazing how much that will change the fit of the top!) And while there was still plenty of movement in the skirt, the elastic at the waist made me feel like a sausage. I usually wear a leotard or body stocking for class, but not when I perform, so I was actually a bit nervous going in to class tonight. But I finally said to myself, "Screw it. I am what I am, and anyone who doesn't like it can just shove it."
But after a while, bare belly and all, I felt okay about how I looked. I felt a lot better than I expected to, actually. It wasn't anything to the people in the class that I had a muffin top and belly rolls... And they already knew I've got a big chest - no surprises there... And I even got compliments on the costume!
As I said on Thursday, now that classes are over for the term and won't start again until mid January, I'll have to be sure to PLAN to get the exercise in, or it won't happen. I'm going to enjoy the break, but that's something I'm going to have to focus on.
Well, I'd better get myself to bed. G'night, all!
The general rule for water is 0.5 oz for every lb you currently weigh (or current weight divided by 2).
ReplyDeleteThanks, Kimberly! I see I have more fluids to drink... :}
ReplyDelete