Friday, December 3, 2010

What was that Boy Scout motto again?

Something about being prepared...?  That's something I need to work on in general, and when it comes to my meals and exercise prep in specific.  That's going to make a BIG difference when it comes to being successful in my weight loss journey.

I managed to do okay today, but I really need to start putting my lunches together the night before work. That way I wouldn't have to worry about it when I'm getting ready in the morning, and wind up just running out and grabbing something - anything - at lunch.  (Luckily I work really close to a grocery store, but still!)

I had 1612 calories today, and danced hard for what I'm estimating to be an hour and 40 minutes during the two 1-hour belly dance classes I teach on Thursdays.  (I'm estimating because I'm accounting for the time I spend talking and managing the music.)  I definitely dance harder on Thursdays than on Tuesdays - I end up quite sweaty by the end of the evening.  But it's always a lot of fun!  :)  Next week is the final week of the term though, and then classes don't begin again until mid-January.  While it will be nice to have my evenings back for a while, I'm really going to have to stay focused on getting my exercise -- it's way to easy to park it on the couch after work and stay there until bed time when I don't have classes.  :P 

There's another way that whole "being prepared" thing will come in handy - if I have my workout clothes already packed and ready to go, I won't be able to use that as a reason to skip going to the gym*!  Oh, and here's something I should try -- bringing workout clothes to work and changing in to them before I go home.  That way when I get home, I'm already ready to go walking/wogging/ellipticalling before settling down for the evening.  Hmmm...  I'll have to give that a try!

Have a happy Friday, everyone!  I'll be weighing in tomorrow, so hopefully things will be positive!  (negative?)

*The "gym" isn't really a gym -- it's an exercise room with some machines and weight sets in the rec center where I teach. I haven't actually used it before, but since I'm one of the instructors, I have access to it at no charge.  So I can't use the cost as an excuse, either...

1 comment:

  1. Planning ahead is my saving grace some days! If I don't, and hunger strikes, I tend to make convenient (read: bad) decisions. Preparing everything ahead the night before is a wonderful idea, especially the gym clothes thing!!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you're thinking!