I love these things:
They remind me of my grandmother, and spending time with her in her final days. She loved them, too. She was tiny and wasn't eating much at that point, so we would try to bring all the food she loved to the nursing home to tempt her to eat something. (That was also a time when I was about 50 lbs lighter than I am now and felt pretty good about myself, and I enjoyed spending time with her. There was a time that I didn't because I was heavier, and very self conscious about it, and she could be pretty critical...)
My mom gave me this tub for Christmas, and I hadn''t even opened them. 200 calories and 12 grams of fat for 1/4 of a cup? Nnnnnnnnnnnnot worth it. And I'm not at a point in my journey where I think I could be satisfied with just one or two. Maybe when I'm closer to my long-term goal, but not right now.
I took them in to work today. That way other people can enjoy them, and I don't have them hanging around at home to tempt me when I'm usually at my weakest. :)
So I had a good day today! 1393 calories and 124 oz. water, as well as my coffee. I tried some of the leftover spaghetti sauce over some steamed red cabbage instead of spaghetti. Not too bad - and 27 calories (uncooked) per cup vs. 220 cal./cup? Not too bad at all!
I also tried a new belly dance DVD tonight. It was longer than I expected, and I definitely worked up a sweat! It also had some exercises that I could really feel targeting my lower abs -- I'm going to be doing THOSE more often! Maybe in my own classes, which begin next week...
All right -- time for me to finally sign off. G'night, all!

Sounds like you are doing great. Sometimes the best times are when you're settled into the grind and just cranking out the days one after the other! I have never had those pecan things before, but I couldn't help but notice they are from trader joes. I wish I had a trader joes :)
ReplyDeleteI had to do the same thing with some fudge my mother sent home last week! As thoughtful as it is, your health is more important ad you made the right decision!!
ReplyDeleteOh, lordy, those would do me in for sure. They are a sentimental food for me too and I lub pecans but wow, that is some kind of calorie dense food! 1/4 cup 200 calories! Wow, that's more than ice cream!
ReplyDeleteWell done on staying away from those, that woulda been a tough one for me.
Such a great idea. Bring the goodies to work. I work from home so can't bring them anywhere but I can feed them to the daycare kids. Works pretty good too.
ReplyDeleteHave a blessed night sleep!