Saturday, January 1, 2011

Looking Back and Looking Forward

Happy New Year, everyone!  May this journey around the sun bring you success in all your endeavours!

I'm starting to feel better, thank goodness, and for the first time I have hope that this cold is NOT going in to my chest.  (Boy, I hope I'm not wrong...)  I'm just glad I don't start back up with dance classes as well as work next week.  As nice as it will be to get back in to the routine and the exercise, I'm glad I'll be "easing" back in to my regular schedule rather than being slammed with it all at once...  That would be the surest way to keep me sick longer.  :P

2010 was actually a very good year for me.  A full year without cancer treatments (and only clean scans) for my husband; a promotion and raise at work; going solo as a dance teacher AND adding an Intermediate class; refinancing our house, which made it possible for us to  pay off a lot of credit card debt AND get a much-needed new car.  Not to mention a brand new (bundle of joy) nephew (after a total of 5 nieces) added to the family -- yes, a very good year for als!  The only thing that really frustrated and disappointed me about the year was gaining all the weight that brought me here.

I'm looking forward to 2011 to bring challenges and frustrations, and hopefully more successes than failures.  I haven't really made "resolutions" as such, but as I've mentioned here, I've got a Plan of Attack for achieving my goals of losing weight and becoming more active.  The only other things I'd add are things like getting more sleep, and staying focused at work, so I can get more done while I'm there.  (And so that I'm not worrying about it as much when I'm NOT there!)  I'm going work on doing everything in my power to make sure it's a good year. 

Let's see what the future brings!  :D

3 comments:

  1. Oh, more sleep!! It's high on my priority list as well! As often as I read about the benefits of 8 hours in relation to weight-loss, you'd think it would be easier..

    Glad you're feeling better, and I truly hope you avoid the chest stuff!! I'm STILL coughing all night long, but finally well enough to work out again. It's just when I lie down. Oy.

    Hoping 2011 is YOUR year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad 2010 was a GREAT year for you!! Hoping 2011 is even better!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you're thinking!