Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Monday, Monday...

I had a case of moroseness this weekend.  I slept most of the day on Saturday (of course, the intestinal issues I had that afternoon didn't help) and then was just... down yesterday, as well as most of today.  I wish it had been more akin to Beth's melancholia, but no - I was just sad.  Dejected.  Downhearted.  Blue.   :(   And for no specific reason!  For as cheerful as I tend to be - okay, more accurately, "as cheerful as I present myself to be," I occasionally wrestle with bouts of sadness.  Not too often, really, but it does happen.  Finally broke free of it this evening, on my way from work to rehearsal.

I did really well on Saturday food and water-wise, and Sunday was fine water-wise, but didn't do so well on the intake.  I snuck on to the scale this morning and amazingly, I hadn't done myself any damage over the weekend.  And I'm back on track today!  I took in 1151 calories; and had 110 oz. of water, as well as my usual 16-oz. mug of coffee.

We didn't do much dancing at rehearsal tonight - mostly we listened to new music, and caught up with each other.  It was great to spend time with them -- I haven't seen either of the others since before Christmas!  And classes start again tomorrow -- it will be good to get back in to the routine again!

And now, to bed.  G'night, all!

2 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you mean, I get that way for no reason at all sometimes. I'm glad you're feeling better today, and that you didn't do any damage!! I wonder if it has anything to do with it being winter.. I read about that on another blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also have days like that, sad for no reason days. They tend to be few and far between, but they always seem to crop up at the worst possible time.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you're thinking!