This is the first Saturday in a long time that I've actually taken the time to do some exercising - Yay, me! I very nearly didn't, but I didn't want to disappoint myself again. So I did my new Jillian Michaels' No More Trouble Zones DVD. (The 30 Day Shred DVD hasn't arrived yet.) I really wasn't sure what to expect, except that it would kick my butt.
I have to admit, I don't watch Biggest Loser, although I have seen enough episodes and commercials to know who Jillian is. My impression of her (as a non-watcher, remember) is that she's a hard woman who doesn't have much sympathy for others. The only reason I bought this DVD is because it came at such a good price when I ordered it with 30 Day Shred and 6 Week Six-Pack, and I was mainly interested in 30 Day Shred because of all the great reviews of it I'd been reading.
It's a really good workout! The moves are clearly demonstrated, and except for the warm-up at the beginning, it's a pretty low-impact, although there are a lot of squat variations, which might be hard on problem knees. I did have to pause to rest several times during the workout, and even when I get to the point where I can keep going throughout the whole thing, I will STILL have a ways to go before I could consider the thing "easy." (Yeah, I don't really think that will ever happen, either...)
And Jillian is a good instructor! She's down-to-earth, and will say things like "I don't like this exercise, but I love the results, so I do it anyway," which is refreshing. In this DVD, she seems a lot more down-to-earth and approachable than I expected her to be - I thought she'd be more of a Drill-Sargent than she was.
I'm sure I'll be feeling it tomorrow -- which is a good thing! :D
That WOULD be refreshing since a lot of the dvd workout chicks seem to ADORE the FUN of exercise which, imho, sucks ass. (If I am not supposed to say 'sucks ass' on your blog I am sorry. I'm new here!)
ReplyDeleteI'm a fan of the Carmen Electra CardioStrip because it's fun and I don't actually want to slap her.
LOL at the first commenter!! I hate the happily exercising women too! I haven't tried that DVD yet, but I have 30 Day Shred and her Power Sculpt DVDs. Wonder if we could really do it 30 days in a row?!
ReplyDeleteLOL, Lora -- I agree, perky, bouncy workout chicks who seem to adore the exercising, and sound oh-so-condescending on the rare occasions they mention that the exercises might be "a little challenging" DEFINITELY suck ass!!! And I'll definitely have to keep the Cardiostrip DVD in mind the next time I'm ready for a new one! :)
ReplyDeleteMrs. D, I'm expecting my copy of 30 Day Shred to arrive on Tuesday -- I'll have to check it out to see if I could actually do it 30 days in a row. I DO know I'm going to wait a few days before doing the No More Trouble Zones again. My ass was well and truly kicked yesterday - ow!!!
I have never been able to do video workouts before, I buy them and then ignore them. Good for you getting it done, and trying something new.
ReplyDelete